MYTransitions is a partner and resource in the youth workforce system. One resource that we are pleased to share with Montana agencies, schools and families is the MYTransitions Soft Skills Curriculum.
This curriculum was developed as a resource for anyone teaching employment skills to youth. Many youth with disabilities in Montana are entering the workforce with inadequate exposure to soft skills education. Through the use of the MYT Soft Skills Curriculum as well as providing Soft Skills Academies to youth and Train-the-Trainer opportunities to adults, we strive to continually improve the employability and marketability of our Montana youth.
MYTransitions is also a resource for schools, families and agencies who are teaching these skills to youth with disabilities or to inclusive classrooms. We offer a four-hour Train the Trainer Professional Development course that covers the following learning objectives:
- What employment soft skills are and why it is important for youth to learn what they are and how to use them
- How to access the MYTransitions Soft Skills curriculum and future updates
- Techniques for including a wide variety of learning styles and abilities when teaching Soft Skills curriculum
- A ‘tool box’ of activities to enhance student engagement of Soft Skills curriculum
- How to use the MYTransitions assessment tool that supports Transition IEP goal development
MYT would love to partner with your school(s) or agency (s) and teach Soft Skills professional development course in your community.
click here for MYTransitions Soft Skills Flyer
Basic Course Details:
~ Class size: minimum of 5, maximum of 40
~ Cost per class: $30 per person
~ Each class includes 4 hours of instruction time, access to the MYT Soft Skills curriculum, and accompanying classroom resources
June Hermanson Mary Di Biase
Ph: 406-442-2576 Ph: 406-442-2576
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to preserve the integrity and philosophy of MT Youth in Transition’s Soft Skills Curriculum, attendance of a MYT Soft Skills Train the Trainer course is expected for individuals interested in becoming trainers of this curriculum. Course offerings will be posted on the MYT website as available. Please contact us for more information or if you would like a course to be established in your school/area.